Friday, January 19, 2007

It’s been a while but here is my second half report on the Newcastle game:








There you go. The lure of Celebrity Big Brother was too much and I spent the time flicking between the two. Well after the sending off that turned into a bit of a spanking which will have Newcastle smarting and wanting even more so to put it behind them by beating us.

I have not commented on the two forums I usually post on about the signing of Davenport as I wanted to think about it and now I have thought of it I feel he is a solid enough buy. He has played for Spurs on and off in his time at White Hart Lane so the premiership is not exactly a new experience and Davenport also has a trait we desperately needed. He is good in the air. Due to injuries to Collins, Ferdinand and Gabbidon, we can now field a centre back that can deal with the ariel threat and also play the ball solidly enough. Davenports signing has not set the world alight but I think it’s a good signing for the situation we are in at the moment and he has been saying all the right things. On face value, that can only endear him to the fans.

Tonight I read that Feyenoord has been thrown out of the UEFA Cup due to the violence that took place at the UEFA group match at French club Nancy. Now they have been thrown out, what’s to happen to Tottenham who were meant to be playing them? Unless the forth placed team in Feyenoord’s UEFA Cup group is reinstated (which I don’t think will happen) then Spurs face a bye to the next round. Lucky bastards.

Man Utd have made another bid for Owen Haregreaves and on his new BBC page, he has gushed about how much an honour such a bid is. Keep in mind he wanted to go to Man Utd in the summer and he was wanted in Manchester, only for Bayern to refuse. I can see this transfer going ahead but not now, the summer will be when he moves (unless I am proved wrong which mostly likely will happen).

And now for something ground breaking… I am going to type about something that isn’t football! Now I have kept quite over what happened in the Ashes and everything else involved with the tour to Australia as it was depressing for the most of it but when I read that Darren Gough was told he was out of England plans for the upcoming Cricket World Cup by text and Geraint Jones’s wife looked online to find the same result as Darren then I was a bit dumbfounded. What ever happened to picking up the phone and saying “Your not in the plans. Sorry”. Great work ECB.

To end I am back onto the football and Pedro Mendes’ comments about refusing to acknowledge Ben Thatcher at tomorrows game. The “tackle” was serious enough to warrant the extended ban it got but on one hand shouldn’t Pedro forgive and forget? I think he is correct in what he has said and the best thing to do is to help your side win the game and not seek out Thatcher for retribution or anything of that kind.

For tomorrow: Come on you irons!

No comments: